- 1 c Arborio rice
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- veggies of your choice
- 1/2 c white wine
- 3 T vegan butter
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast
- 4 c vegetable broth
- almond slivers
- Follow Your Heart parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add 1 T of olive oil and 1 c rice, sautéing until translucent around the edges.
- Add white wine until absorbed.
- Add broth in increments of 3/4 c until absorbed, with the last addition of broth add 2 T of vegan butter and 1/2 c nutritional yeast to achieve desired rich and creamy taste.
- Add veggies of your choice (asparagus and broccoli).
- Top with sautéd almond slivers and Follow Your Heart parmesan cheese.
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks
This week we came across an article listing 25 snacks you can find at almost any convenient store that are ACCIDENTALLY VEGAN! Keep this in mind for your next road trip! 😉
- Oreo Cookies
- Pringles (Original and Barbecue)
- Takis (Fuego and Nitro)
- Unfrosted Pop-Tarts (Strawberry, Blueberry and Brown Sugar)
- Doritos (Spicy Sweet Chili)
- Fritos (Original and Bar-B-Q)
- Fruit by the Foot
- Ritz Crackers
- Sour Patch Kids
- Ruffles Potato Chips (Original and All Dressed)
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars (Apple Crisp, Cinnamon, Maple Brown Sugar, Peanut Butter, Pecan Crunch and Roasted Almond)
- Lay’s Potato Chips (Classic, Barbecue, Salt & Vinegar and Lightly Salted)
- Smucker’s Uncrustables (Grape Jelly and Strawberry Jam)
- Haribo Sour S’ghetti Gummi Candy
- Thomas’ New York Style Bagels (Blueberry, Cinnamon Swirl, Everything and Plain)
- Lindt Dark Chocolate
- Clif Bars (every flavor except Mini Blueberry Crisp)
- Nabisco Triscuit Crackers Baked Whole Grain Wheat
- Nabisco Grahams Original Crackers
- Snyder’s of Hanover Jalapeño Pretzel Pieces
- Sun Chips (Original)
- Herr’s Onion Rings
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- belVita Crunchy Breakfast Biscuits (Toasted Coconut and Cinnamon Brown Sugar)
Vegan Pot Pie
- filo (phyllo) dough or your favorite vegan dough
- 1 c peas
- 1 c corn
- 1 medium onion
- 4 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 c vegan heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c vegetable broth
- olive oil
- seasonings of your choice
- Roll dough out into greased individual pie pans.
- Clean, chop and prepare vegetables.
- Sauté vegetables in olive oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Slowly pour in vegan whipping cream and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and stir consistently until mixture thickens.
- Once at desired consistency, let cool and separate into individual pie pans.
- Lay another piece of rolled out dough over the top of the pot pie. Use a fork to press the edges of the crust together. Brush the top with olive oil and top with basil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Thanks Lexi for this DELICIOUS recipe!
Easy Peasy Breakfast Burrito
Wilted Kale Salad
- yellow onion, chopped
- garlic, minced
- bell peppers, chopped
- sunflower seeds
- Follow Your Heart vegan parmesan cheese
- seasonings of your choice
- Sauté onion and garlic until translucent and aromatic.
- Add bell peppers and sauté until they become soft and slightly brown.
- Add seasonings of your choice (spicy peppers and salt).
- Add kale and sauté until wilted.
- Top with avocado, beets, sunflower seeds and vegan parmesan cheese.
Spicy Chipotle Jackfruit Tacos
- 2 cans organic jackfruit
- corn tortillas
- 1 T chipotle powder
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 3 t tomato paste
- 1 t soy sauce
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, cut into long thin slices
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Open up cans of jackfruit, pour out excess liquid and cut up jackfruit into small pieces long-ways, resembling pulled pork.
- Pour jackfruit into a large mixing bowl, add in spices and 1 T olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat pan to medium-high and add 2 T olive oil. Add red onion and sauté until slightly translucent (1-2 minutes).
- Add spiced jackfruit, sauté for 5 minutes on medium-high, stirring often.
- Add red bell pepper, cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often. Turn heat to low.
- In a separate pan, on medium-high heat, put 1 t of oil in the pan and heat up the corn tortillas.
- Fill tortillas with jackfruit and ENJOY!
Thank you Tasha, for sharing a second recipe with us! We love your support of our weekly #meatlessmonday posts! Email email@example.com if you’d like to guest chef in the future!
Vegan Broccoli “Cheddar” Soup
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, boiled for 15 minutes
- 1 T avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 c carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 crowns broccoli (4 c), chopped into florets
- 1/2 leek, chopped
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 c full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 t cider vinegar
- 1/3 c nutritional yeast
- 1 T tapioca flour (optional)
- 1 t sea salt
- Place potatoes in a pot and fill with water. Bring to a full boil and cook 12-15 minutes, until very soft when poked with a fork. Drain and place one potato in a blender and place the other potato on a cutting board to cool. Once cool enough to handle, peel and chop the potato.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, and sea salt to the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Heat the oil to medium heat in a large stock pot. Add the carrot and broccoli and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened but are still al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Add the leek and sauté until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped potato and the broth mixture to the stock pot. Bring to a full boil, reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with bread or side salad.
Thank you Julia (The Roasted Root), we are so grateful for all of your amazing recipes that you wish to share with us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be a guest chef in the future!