Vegan Zucchini Bread
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 c apple sauce
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 c walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk sugars, apple sauce, vegetable oil and vanilla extract together.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring to combine.
- Fold in the zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer batter to greased loaf pan and bake 45-55 minutes.
- Start with an open mind.
- If cooking at home, give yourself extra time to cook.
- Take a look at your pantry.
- Avoid convenience foods.
- Take a walk down the produce section.
- Do not be embarrassed.
- If you’re going on a road trip, pack food with you.
- So you messed up. Don’t SWEAT it.
- Stay strong.
- Don’t judge others.
Cajun Baked Potato Nachos
- potatoes, peeled and sliced
- cajun seasoning
- vegan chili
- Follow Your Heart thousand island
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place foil or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Shake cajun seasoning all over the sliced potatoes.
- Lay out on baking sheet and bake until lightly browned and crispy.
- Heat chili and place in a bowl, top with thousand island and avocado.
- Add baked potatoes to bowl.
Vegan Peach Cobbler
- 3 3/4 lbs peaches, pitted and sliced
- 3 T pure maple syrup
- 4 t tapioca starch
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 c cassava flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 3/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1/4 c extra-virign coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the peaches, 2 T of the maple syrup, tapioca starch, vanilla and cinnamon to a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to an 8-by-11 inch baking dish and spread evenly.
- For the topping, combine the almond milk and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside for five minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda into a medium bowl.
- Add the coconut sugar and salt, whisk to combine.
- Drizzle the coconut oil into the flour mixture, use your hands to work the oil in until all the flour is moistened.
- Add the almond milk mixture and the last T of maple syrup, stirring until just mixed in.
- Crumble topping over filling and bake until fruit is bubbling and the topping is browning around the edges, 20-25 minutes.
Jalapeño Infused Spicy Pomegranate Margaritas
- 1 c Arborio rice
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- veggies of your choice
- 1/2 c white wine
- 3 T vegan butter
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast
- 4 c vegetable broth
- almond slivers
- Follow Your Heart parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add 1 T of olive oil and 1 c rice, sautéing until translucent around the edges.
- Add white wine until absorbed.
- Add broth in increments of 3/4 c until absorbed, with the last addition of broth add 2 T of vegan butter and 1/2 c nutritional yeast to achieve desired rich and creamy taste.
- Add veggies of your choice (asparagus and broccoli).
- Top with sautéd almond slivers and Follow Your Heart parmesan cheese.
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks
This week we came across an article listing 25 snacks you can find at almost any convenient store that are ACCIDENTALLY VEGAN! Keep this in mind for your next road trip! 😉
- Oreo Cookies
- Pringles (Original and Barbecue)
- Takis (Fuego and Nitro)
- Unfrosted Pop-Tarts (Strawberry, Blueberry and Brown Sugar)
- Doritos (Spicy Sweet Chili)
- Fritos (Original and Bar-B-Q)
- Fruit by the Foot
- Ritz Crackers
- Sour Patch Kids
- Ruffles Potato Chips (Original and All Dressed)
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars (Apple Crisp, Cinnamon, Maple Brown Sugar, Peanut Butter, Pecan Crunch and Roasted Almond)
- Lay’s Potato Chips (Classic, Barbecue, Salt & Vinegar and Lightly Salted)
- Smucker’s Uncrustables (Grape Jelly and Strawberry Jam)
- Haribo Sour S’ghetti Gummi Candy
- Thomas’ New York Style Bagels (Blueberry, Cinnamon Swirl, Everything and Plain)
- Lindt Dark Chocolate
- Clif Bars (every flavor except Mini Blueberry Crisp)
- Nabisco Triscuit Crackers Baked Whole Grain Wheat
- Nabisco Grahams Original Crackers
- Snyder’s of Hanover Jalapeño Pretzel Pieces
- Sun Chips (Original)
- Herr’s Onion Rings
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- belVita Crunchy Breakfast Biscuits (Toasted Coconut and Cinnamon Brown Sugar)
Vegan Pot Pie
- filo (phyllo) dough or your favorite vegan dough
- 1 c peas
- 1 c corn
- 1 medium onion
- 4 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 c vegan heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c vegetable broth
- olive oil
- seasonings of your choice
- Roll dough out into greased individual pie pans.
- Clean, chop and prepare vegetables.
- Sauté vegetables in olive oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Slowly pour in vegan whipping cream and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and stir consistently until mixture thickens.
- Once at desired consistency, let cool and separate into individual pie pans.
- Lay another piece of rolled out dough over the top of the pot pie. Use a fork to press the edges of the crust together. Brush the top with olive oil and top with basil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Thanks Lexi for this DELICIOUS recipe!