Spicy Chipotle Jackfruit Tacos
- 2 cans organic jackfruit
- corn tortillas
- 1 T chipotle powder
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 3 t tomato paste
- 1 t soy sauce
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, cut into long thin slices
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Open up cans of jackfruit, pour out excess liquid and cut up jackfruit into small pieces long-ways, resembling pulled pork.
- Pour jackfruit into a large mixing bowl, add in spices and 1 T olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat pan to medium-high and add 2 T olive oil. Add red onion and sauté until slightly translucent (1-2 minutes).
- Add spiced jackfruit, sauté for 5 minutes on medium-high, stirring often.
- Add red bell pepper, cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often. Turn heat to low.
- In a separate pan, on medium-high heat, put 1 t of oil in the pan and heat up the corn tortillas.
- Fill tortillas with jackfruit and ENJOY!
Thank you Tasha, for sharing a second recipe with us! We love your support of our weekly #meatlessmonday posts! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to guest chef in the future!