Vegan Broccoli “Cheddar” Soup
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, boiled for 15 minutes
- 1 T avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 c carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 crowns broccoli (4 c), chopped into florets
- 1/2 leek, chopped
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 c full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 t cider vinegar
- 1/3 c nutritional yeast
- 1 T tapioca flour (optional)
- 1 t sea salt
- Place potatoes in a pot and fill with water. Bring to a full boil and cook 12-15 minutes, until very soft when poked with a fork. Drain and place one potato in a blender and place the other potato on a cutting board to cool. Once cool enough to handle, peel and chop the potato.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, and sea salt to the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Heat the oil to medium heat in a large stock pot. Add the carrot and broccoli and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened but are still al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Add the leek and sauté until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped potato and the broth mixture to the stock pot. Bring to a full boil, reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve soup with bread or side salad.
Thank you Julia (The Roasted Root), we are so grateful for all of your amazing recipes that you wish to share with us! Email email@example.com if you’d like to be a guest chef in the future!