Savory Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos
- 1 12 oz pkg of extra firm organic tofu, diced in scramble-sized pieces
“I feel like a broken record preaching the many qualities of tofu, but seriously, it’s awesome: it’s high in protein (10 g protein per serving compared to 6 g protein per serving of egg), high in fiber (4 g per serving compared to 0 g per serving of egg) and high in Omega 3’s (400-2,000 mg compared to 180-600 mg per serving).” ~Tasha
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 2-4 T olive oil
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t coriander
- 1/2 t paprika
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 can organic black beans, drained (optional for extra fiber and protein)
- vegan shredded cheese (optional)
- In a pan, heat up 2 T olive oil on medium-high heat. Add red onion, sauté 3-5 minutes or until translucent, stirring often.
- Add tofu and spices, stirring often for 3-5 minutes.
- Add red bell peppers, cook for about 2-3 minutes, adding olive oil if needed.
- Turn off heat, adding vegan cheese to melt.
- Add beans to tofu and mix until warm, or add into burrito separately.
- In a separate pan heat up 1 T olive oil on medium-high and warm up corn tortillas to desired color.
- Load up tacos and ENJOY!
Thank you Tasha, for guest chef-ing this week. We look forward to more of your delicious recipes! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be a guest chef in the future!