Corn On The Cob
- 8 cobs of corn
Corn on the COB! Do you like yours in the husk? OR no way, get that stuff away! We leave the husk on. I trim the ends and soak them in water for 20 minutes before they go on the grill. Rotate cobs periodically as they steam in their husks. Yum!
- shishito peppers
- sesame oil
- salt & black pepper
Shishito pepper season is back! MMMmmm! We LOVE this randomly spicy pepper at our house. There wasn’t a ton of room on the grill so these guys went in the frying pan. I keep it simple, sesame oil is so yummy with these. That and some salt and pepper is all they need! Sear a bit and that’s it, VOILÀ!
Zucchini & Yellow Squash
- yellow squash
Zucchini and yellow squash are also perfect grillers. I like to toss them with my favorite oil and seasonings, make a little tin foil ‘boat’ and throw them on the grill. I’m all about sesame oil and the kids love teriyaki, so we went SoyVey.
I also love how great portobellos are on the grill. They hold flavors so well and are AMAZING in a sandwich or on top of a salad! What’s not to love about summer? So many great fresh food options! BON APPÉTIT!
Vegan Beet Burgers
- 2 pkgs pre cooked organic beets
- 1 t garlic
- dry onions, chopped
- 1/2 c walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 can black lentils
- 1 can black beans
- seasonings of choice
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together, mashing the beets in.
- Adjust the amount of walnuts to create a consistency that can be spooned onto the parchment paper.
- Lightly press to patties and bake until golden brown, carefully flipping to brown the other side.
Happy 4th of July! xoxo