Skip to content
Bruschetta with Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 1-2 boxes of cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed, set aside 1/2 t
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 c of soaked raw cashews
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- half a lemon, juiced
- salt and black pepper
- bread of your choice
- To make the Bruschetta, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan adding the garlic, sautéing until golden brown. Don’t burn!
- Add the oil and garlic to a medium bowl.
- Roll a few leaves of basil tightly and slice lengthwise into small strips.
- Meanwhile, put the balsamic vinegar into a sauce pan, heat until boiling. Once it boils, set aside to cool until it becomes syrupy.
- Add the sliced tomatoes to the bowl with olive oil and garlic. Add the basil, a dash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Slice the bread and toast in the oven until lightly toasted. Top with the tomato mixture and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
- To make the Cashew Cheese Sauce, blend the drained cashews and nutritional yeast in a blender.
- Add the lemon juice, the 1/2 t of garlic, salt and pepper to the blender; blend on the soup setting.
- Add water as needed for the right consistency.
- Either drizzle on top or put on the bread before the tomato mixture and balsamic reduction.