“I love this recipe! Green Bean Casserole is a staple at our Thanksgiving Dinner. But… it’s just WAY TOO GOOD to only eat once a year! So… being thankful AF was a good enough reason to make this yummy dish this weekend! IT. IS. SO. GOOD. It’s super easy and of course VEGAN! Please share your pictures and RECIPES with us! We want to see what you’re making in your kitchen and hear about the meals that you cook!” ~Tanya Rose
Green Bean Casserole
- 1 c of soaked raw cashews, soak for one hour or longer
- 1 small cauliflower head, chopped into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 8 small mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 boxes of fried onions
- 2 c almond milk (or your favorite non dairy milk)
- 1 T of Braggs Amino Acids or your choice of soy sauce
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast (more or less to taste)
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic, the onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste. Once fragrant, add the milk and cauliflower.
- When cauliflower is soft, add the sauté mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. If you like chunkier mushrooms blend less or add them last. Add the strained cashews and the nutritional yeast. Add Bragg’s or soy sauce to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix the contents of the blender, MOST of the fried onions (save some to sprinkle on top) and the green beans.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and top with remaining fried onions. Bake until bubbly and brown on top.